As a Colorado resident, do you suffer from itchy eyes and throat, sinus congestion, sneezing and asthma? If so, unfortunately you may be suffering from allergies in Colorado! With our beautiful Colorado sunshine and flowers, wind and pollen increase; which trigger allergies for many of us. Tree pollens are the most prevalent pollens in the spring, while grass and weed pollens follow in late spring and summer. Airborne mold spores can be found almost year round, as well as dust mites and animal dander.
Your health care providers at Heritage Health address the causes of allergies in Colorado and focus on balancing the immune system. This will lead to substantial long term health benefits, including managing your allergies. Our goal is to eliminate the acute symptoms and provide relief, while strengthening the underlying weak immune system. This comprehensive plan will be individualized for each patient and may include acupuncture, chiropractic, dietary modifications, Chinese Herbal formulas or Homeopathic formulas.
Tips to decrease allergies in Colorado and improve your immune system:
- Stay indoors during peak pollen times
- Use a salt water rinse or nasal spray to cleanse your nose
- Get regular Vitamin B shots at Heritage Health
- Wash your hands frequently and shower at night to rid your hair and body of all pollen
- Use your air conditioner and air filters to decrease allergen exposure
- Receive regular Acupuncture and Chiropractic adjustments
- Keep your home clean to reduce dust exposure
- Wash your bedding weekly in water that is at least 140 degrees to wipe out unwanted allergens
- Wear a mask when working in the garden to keep pollen and mold spores out of your nose and mouth
To learn more about homeopathic or Chinese Herbal Formula that combat allergies in Colorado, or to schedule an appointment with our Centennial CO chiropractor or acupuncturist, contact us at (303) 694-1245 today!